Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to make Mochi cake

Mochi cake is not traditional Japanese desert. It was made by Japanese immigrant in Hawaii.
Mochiko can be found most grocery stores in the Asian section.

*For this recipe, I had Mochiko from Japan.
What you need:
*Mochiko/ 9 oz (250g)
*Large eggs/ 2
*Soymilk/ 250cc (You can also use regular milk)
*Oil/ 1/3cup
*Baking powder/ 1/2 teaspoon
*Brown sugar/ 2 oz (60g)
Direction:
1. Preheat oven 360F.
2. In medium bowl eggs,milk,oil and sugar mix together.

3. Add Mochiko, baking powder and mix well.
4. Place parchment paper in loaf pan and pour contents of medium bowl in loaf pan.
* I added raisins.

5. Bake for about one hour.
6. When it cool down, cut and serve.
7. Eat!!

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea what Mochiko is. How do you use this other than making cake?? Well, cake looks really good....have to write down on my shopping list for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sans-chan, My friend made Daifuku with mochiko or you can make Mitarashi-Dango.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this kind of cake!! I would like to bake one sometime. I usually use "Mochiko" for Karaage so I always have some in my cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be very delicious. I imagined this cake to be taste like pao de queijo. I want to eat this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanohana-chan,
    I didn't know that Mochiko can be used for Karaage. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. momoneko-chan,
    Yeah, This cake is very good! My husband loves this. Anyway what is pao de queijo?

    ReplyDelete